Translate

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Review: Anna and the French Kiss


New Cover
Old Cover
SummaryAnna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend. 

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?
ReviewBased soley on the title, Anna and the French Kiss doesn’t seem like the kind of book I would normally read.  I, for one, tend to lean towards fantasy YA that often involve epic battle scenes and hot aliens but when I started this book I literally pulled an all nighter and didn’t put the book down until I had finished it.  It might not have hot aliens but what it does have is an öber hot and wonderfully genius British/American/French guy.  He even had an awesome British accent, and honestly who doesn’t love that?  Stephanie Perkins creates just the right amount of tension between the OTP (Étienne St. Cloud and Anna Oliphant) with a periodic bone thrown for the reader with stolen moments between the two.  Throughout most of the book I wanted to rip my hair out, in the best way possible, and make them get together.  It is a well-written book that has a good pace and I honestly don’t have any complaints other than the length of time it took for St. Clair and Anna to get together.  I don’t normally go for the guy likes girl, girl likes guy, and everyone knows except the two involved but I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed this book.  It left me wanting more.  I will say though that I’m not very fond of the new cover and much prefer the original.

Rating:
5/5





Age: 12+


-Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment